Prenota un hotel a Creta
The many archaeological finds on the island of Crete are now preserved in the beautiful Archaeological Museum which is based in the city of Heraklion. The museum is spread across two floors with a total of twenty rooms organised by periods.
- Ground FloorThe Goddess of Snakes
- Neolithic and Prepalatial Period (5000-2000 BC): room I.
- Protopalatial Period (2000-1700 BC): rooms II and III
- Neopalatial Period (1700-1400 BC): rooms IV and V
- Neopalatial and Postpalatial Period (1700-1300 BC): rooms VI, VII, VIII and IX
- Postpalatial Period (1400-1100 BC): room X
- Minoic and Protogeometrical periods and (1100-900 BC): Room XI
- Geometrical Period (900-725 BC): room XII Minoan sarcophagus (1400-1100 BC): room XIII
- Archaic Period (seventh-sixth century BC): room XIX
- Hellenistic and Roman Period (V-IV century BC): Room XX
- First Floor Frescoes of Neopalatial Period (1600-1400 BC): rooms XVI XIV and XVI.
- Collection Giamalakis: room XVII
- Archaic, Hellenistic and Roman Period: Room XVIII.
Important archaeological finds from the sites of Knossos and Festos are kept inside the museum.
It is worth a visit to see the original frescos of the palace of Knossos, the Festos disk and The Goddess of Snakes (Knossos).
- Summer: daily from 8 to 17
- Winter: daily from 8:30 to 17
- (in December and January from 8:30 to 15)
- Monday: daily from 12 to 17
Circondato da mirti e da alberi d'olivo selvatico, a 100 metri dal centro e dal porto sull'isola della Maddalena, l'Hotel Delle Isole vanta camere sp [...]
Quest'hotel, situato nelle vicinanze dell'ampia spiaggia sabbiosa di Amoudara, offre un ambiente familiare e accogliente, e combina la tradizionale os [...]